Beyond the visible Universe

April 17, 2018

Imagine our Solar System as a grain of sand in the Milky way, the Milky Way Galaxy as a grain of sand in our Galaxy Cluster and our Galaxy Cluster as a grain of sand in the Visible Universe. Imagine that the Visible Universe represents only 10% of the Known Universe. The other 90%  are occupied by Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

 

I stuffed these grains of sand in a 8.5"by 11" format, and made an image that portrays the energy, the alien strangeness and the inconceivable forces and structure of such a discovery. I hope you enjoy my rendering.

 

I created this cover image for Kathryn Vitarelli of Johns Hopkins Science Magazine for a story about Dark matter and Dark Energy by astrophysicist Douglas Birch titled " What is out there?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

from the LOST OCEANS arcana

April 23, 2018

1/5
Please reload

Recent Posts

January 30, 2019

January 9, 2019

January 3, 2019

December 4, 2018

Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags